• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] What's behind the Batman vs. Superman comic books? (SPOILERS?)

From what i understand batamn and supermans vastly differnt morals and attitudes are what most often lead to them bumping heads.

Was ther a comic in particular you were refuring to?

There fight in the Dark Knight Returns is IMO the best i've ever seen.

I'd just kind of like to know why Batman feels the need to attack Superman. (I'm guessing that it's that way, because Supe's too much of a boyscout to attack Bat. Unless Bat's moral gray area approach to crimefighting just went too far, that is.)

The one time I have read of the two fighting was in the Dark Knight comic. Batman was much older and Superman was ordered by the President to stop him.

The result was a fight that in the end I think Batman would have won if he wanted to win it. His plan though was to fake his own death so even though he had devised a few items that could have taken Superman out he did not use them to kill.

Jezrael

First Post
Because to paraphrase "The Dark Knight Returns" they learned two vastly different lessons from their parents:

Superman learned that all was right with the world and everything in it makes sense, and Truth, Justice, and The American Way would and always should triumph...he said yes to anyone waving the proper badge or flag.

Batman learned a different lesson from his parent's deaths: the world only makes sense when you force it to.

Remove ads