• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Spider-Man: Your thoughts on the movie (Definite Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reveal

Adventurer
I just went and saw it yesterday. I have been reading Spidey for the last 20+ years and what I saw yesterday was FANTASTIC! :D

Tobey Maguire nailed Peter Parker perfectly. Willem Dafoe was an excellent choice for GG. Mary Jane was ok. I think they should have picked someone other than Kirsten Dunst, but her part wasn't huge, so it's not that big of a deal.

Here are some things I did notice that were different than the comic:

Bitten by a genetically altered spider, not a radioactive spider: Back when Spidey was first written, no one understood radiation, or it's effects on the general public. So the comic industry took advantage of it. Almost all the great Marvel heroes were created because of radiation; the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spidey, etc. But this is a new age and people are in the same boat now when it comes to genetic manipulation. I think it was an excellent way to update the movie, but still keep the same feeling by Peter once he was bitten.

Shooting webbing from his wrists instead of using web shooters: This actually makes perfect sense to me. If he has all the other abilities of a spider, why not the ability to make his own webbing. I liked this aspect.

Mary Jane being the initial love interest and not Gwen Stacey: Works for the movie. That's about it. But it took nothing away from Spidey, so I'm not complaining. :)

That's about all I can think of right now. If you know anymore, write 'em down!

Overall, I give it a 10/10, 5 *'s, 2 thumbs up and whatever else I can give it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads