• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OT - Movie - Reign of Fire - Dragons vs Mad Max...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Found this on Sci-Fi site and looks to be Mad Max meets D&D

New Dragons Reign In Fire

Rob Bowman, director of the upcoming SF movie Reign of Fire, told SCI FI Wire that the dragons on view in the film would set the standard for big screen dragons. "I did not want to make the dragon from Dragonheart, which was a large body, small wingspan and had to flap like mad to stay in the air," Bowman said in an interview. "Mine have big, giant wingspans like an eagle, but take a king cobra and put it down the center."
Bowman, the director of multiple episodes of The X-Files and The X-Files movie, added, "I spent about nine months designing these things. I had drawings in about three weeks that I presented, and then we started designing characteristics and personalities and making them more serpent-like than dinosaur-like. They look like they're alive, agile and very supreme killers. I had paleontologists involved and a lot of artists involved, and we got to a boil-down point, because a lot of fantasy dragons are very exaggerated, have too many horns and look human anyway. We got it down to a sterile, realistic dragon, but it was boring. So I went back a little bit and added back some things that people who like dragons like to see, which is horns and attitude. So our dragon looks great, and it would really work if there were such a creature. This thing is as real as we could make it." Reign of Fire, which stars Matthew McConaughey, Christian Bale and Izabella Scorupco, will open nationwide on July 12.

http://www.spyglassentertainment.com/movies/reign/

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads