• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Wizard Feat

kreynolds

First Post
Crothian said:
Also, simple doesn't mean fast.

I always figured that the difficult spells were the ones that took longer to cast. So, True Ressurection is actually quite simple? ;)

It does balance it out, and it would be especially useful for all those utilitarian spells. Pretty spiffy. :)

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:

I always figured that the difficult spells were the ones that took longer to cast. So, True Ressurection is actually quite simple? ;)

And identify is the simpliest of all. I think it's simplier because the spell level is lower, and the more complex spells would be of higher level. There are many simple things that take a long time to do.

kreynolds

First Post
Crothian said:
And identify is the simpliest of all. I think it's simplier because the spell level is lower, and the more complex spells would be of higher level.

Very true. Identify (1) and Analyze Dweomer (6) both take 8 hours, though the later reveals much more.

Crothian said:
There are many simple things that take a long time to do.

Yup. Like trying to explain to a woman how it's possible that you really weren't thinking about anything when she asked, "What are you thinking?". :D

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:

Yup. Like trying to explain to a woman how it's possible that you really weren't thinking about anything when she asked, "What are you thinking?". :D

Or why you answer "Next week's gaming session and the idea that she just inspired." That one got me in trouble. But I've always warned people don't ask me a question unless you want the absolute truth. :D

Cloudgatherer

First Post
Very very bad.

This is a buffer's dream come true. Cast all buff spells beforehand, who cares how long it takes? Think of a 3rd level buff spell that takes 1 action (most are 2nd level). Apply this feat twice, it takes 2 minutes to cast the buff spell and takes up a *1st level* spell slot....

Way too powerful. GMW, Mage Armor, Bull's Strength (and other stat spells), all cast for a fraction of the spell cost....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads