• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

13th Age New 13th Age Icons for my 5e D&D game

Cake Mage

Explorer
I'm stealing the idea of icons from 13th Age and implementing them into a new campaign setting I made for an upcoming 5e D&D game. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Attachments

• WestmoorIcons.pdf
    188.3 KB · Views: 226

Khaalis

Adventurer
I like the idea of bringing in the Icons to a 5E campaign. I think its the one thing in 13th Age I found unique enough to want to steal. Is the mechanical aspect of Icons OGL? If so, it might be nice to include a summary. Keep in mind not everyone will have 13th Age.

On first blush through, other than some basic editing issues, I think this looks decent.

Cake Mage

Explorer
I'm no legal expert, so when I tried to find whether or not the Icons of 13th Age mechanics are OGL or not, I failed. So, erroring on the side of caution, I won't put the rules there.

For my game, I'm not even going to use the die roll mechanic every game. I feel it will dictate too much on how the session goes. Instead, I may ask for a roll if the characters are dealing with somehting in the Icon's purview. I'll go back and re-edit that first paragraph (along with the edits you mentioned) to solidify that idea.

Remove ads