Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
To Custodio,

"If you need it, there's a wand of curing on my belt"
While Custodio hears the young cleric of Tyche, he is keeping his focus on the table by the wall.

"Shield and mace are strongly magical! Also, all loyalists have conjuration potions, probably healing on them. Collect what you can, but don't waste time on it. If it's on the way, grab it. Otherwise ignore it! Lives are more important!

Also, there is magical dagger up there where Rockhorn fought!"
Akos words cause the Vanquisher cleric to turn his head towards the man lying dead next to him. He looks at Akos. "I'll get the dagger... and the potion on the table! Don't wait for me!"

TaranTheWanderer said:
"Tyche, goddess of travel and luck, guide the enemy's blade away from myself and my allies."

With a prayer, Vitas moved to the hallway, next to the enemy, doing his best to look threatening...which was difficult considering he could hardly carry his own (disguised) armour.
Vitus moves into the corridor and tries his best to avoid provoking the Loyalist, but the man is canny and he swings his heavy mace around and catches the cleric of Tyche on the shoulder. It is only a glancing blow, but it still heavily bruises Vitus.

"Foolish child," Kellam says in a mocking tone. "You dare challenge me?"

Rockhorn urges Spritewing.
"Let's go! Go as fast as you can ignore the fighting and if we have to chose between that rock and you, I choose you. Bolt if you have to, it will remain aloft for some time. And if it crashes, you'll know you don't have to wait for me. I'll be right behind you. Wait only for Tuck to fasten the wizard and rush out."

"Don't die, idiot! Rush until you rejoin with others. You cannot protect anyone while in here. And leave the treasure!"

Spritewing puts his wings forward and down for kobolds easier access to his cargo, cradling the statue between them.

"Right!" huffs Rockhorn "My turn! Vitus, move that knight aside, I cannot charge like this!"
Still, his movement greatly improved by the haste spell, he rushes forward pulling tanglefoot bag as he goes and activating his giant felling gauntlets. He's not sure if it will work on green fire thingy, but it is better than nothing.
So intent on both Eeldai and Vitus, Kellam doesn't sense the danger from Rockhorn's thrown tanglefoot bag until it is too late. The bag hits the Loyalist Fanatic's back and explodes all over the man. The greenish light emenating from Kellam's body dims as the goo holds him fast.

"What is this now?" He says in surprise as the goo sticks him to the floor. "You dishonour me with a child's weapon!"

"It worked didn't it?" Eeldai mocks. She laughs.

Kellam Black silently fumes.

TaranTheWanderer said:
"Lady Eeldai, our mission was to rescue you and the Knight. Please retreat."

The teenager's voice was calm and polite but there was a pleading concern in it - desperation, perhaps, as the boy faced enemies against whom he was completely outmatched.
The noble djinni seems unwilling to retreat, but she knows her strength is limited while still affected by the powerful effects of the blasphemy. "A strategic retreat does seem to be in order, but we must not let them get by us. Guard your flank, young Tychain."

Neurotic said:
Akos takes his own advice grabbing the clerics shield on the way to the altar. He cannot really help with the statue and maybe a good dispel will help. Or confusion.
"OK, altar, guide me. Quickly."
The living altar speaks directly into the Loremaster's mind as several hidden mechanisms slide up out of it. "First, turn the three centre dials all the way to the right, one at a time, starting on your left. Yes, yes, your left. There, good. Now, hit the blue panel. No, that's the dark blue one! Don't touch that one! The one at the bottom on your right. Yes, that one. Good. Now push the large lever all the way to the top. Yes, just like that. Now turn the centre dials all the way to the left, one at a time, from right to left."

From somewhere in the living altar, a strange sound begins humming. "Don't worry about that. My temporal core is warming up. Now, slide the lever down... No! Not That Lever!" The altar shudders. "Too close. The other lever near the top, the horizontal one. Slide it all the way to your left."

Akos finishes the long process and the the time dilation decreases. The mechanism slide back down into the living altar to be hidden by mechanical doors once again.

"There, you've done it! Now get out of here!"

OOC: The time dilation has now been set to the lowest level. One second on the Material Plane is now equal to two seconds in the Labyrinth of Lost Souls.

Later in the Round:
"Stay back Gattas, you must live, as we all."
Gattas looks at Vincenzo and then towards the leader of the Loyalist Fanatics. "That won't hold him long," he warns. He looks at Falen next to him and gives the healing potion to the half-hobgoblin. "Take it!" He almost forces the potion bottle into Falen's hands.

Then, he leans against the wall and deftly raises his right leg so that he can get at his boot. He flicks a hidden latch and a tiny palm-sized holy symbol falls into his other hand. The symbol appears to be a red raven against a silver moon.

Before Vincenzo can object, Gattas says a quick prayer and touches the Sectarian on the back. Healing energy flows into Vinny. "I can do that a few more times," Gattas says as he steps back. "I will heal as much as I can."

"You're a cleric," Eeldai says, surprised.

"One of many talents I learned as a member of the Red Ravens," Gattas replies.

OOC: @Aust Thale, @ScottDeWar_jr: Gattas delays until Falen's action and then hands the potion to him (delays; free action). He then takes out a hidden holy symbol from his boot and heals Vincenzo in front of him. He spontaneously cast cure light wounds on Vinny. casts He then takes a 5-ft. step back.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Another Loyalist comes around the low wall by the stairs. She stops next to the dead orc and incants a spell. A force missile shoots out from her fingertips to hit the noble djinni. Eeldai winces. "Yes, definitely time to retreat."

After Tuck finishes, the pegasus deftly navigates between and under the large genie and few allies and rushes away carrying the petrified wizard helping to stabilize him with his wings and protecting him from bumps and scrapes.
Tuck looks at the dead Loyalist lying in the antimagic zone. "No time for that," he says to himself. He rushes over to Spritewing and ties the petrified wizard to the dungeonbred pegasus's back.

"This is going to take more than a few seconds," Tuck says to Spritewing. "Hold still."

The kobold gets to work tying the stoned man firmly to the pegasus. The kobold urban ranger is forced to climb on Spritewing's back.

OOC: @MetaVoid, it seems that tying a knot, while only a DC 10 check, is a full-round action. Spritewing will have to remain motionless until Tuck's turn next round.

Tuck - DC 10 Use Rope check: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13 (success)

Last edited:

Remove ads