• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E Index of AD&D 1E monster manuals

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
No, i didn't do all this typing. :) i'm crazy - but not that crazy! i did spend a few hours scanning all of this in, from the back of the old Monster Manual II. it's useful both as an index to the old manuals - and especially now, as a reference to alternate names for monsters you're familiar with now!

Attachments

• mm2 index.doc
    120 KB · Views: 323

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
This index also defines the names of various creatures who vie for the title of Oinodaemon (weren’t some of these fellows detailed in a Dragon Mag Annual a couple of years ago?)

Oinodaemons:
Anthraxus
Bubonis
Choleria
Diptherius
Typhous

Also, for some reason, a few named Pit Fiends:
Alastor
Baalberith
Baalzephon
Zaebos

And, rather interesting are the alternate names for some of the most powerful demons. I was never sure if these were just different names for the same thing, or just different types of monsters with the same power level. Maybe some intrepid demon-lover will clue us in, or maybe give us some new stats for these things? :D

Type VI Demons:
Alzoll
Balor
Errtu
Ndulu

Type V Demons:
Aishapra
Kevokulli
Marilith
Rehnaremme
Ter-soth
Wendonai

Type IV Demons:
Bilwhr
Johud
Nalfeshnee

Krishnath

First Post
Interresting note: All the oinodeamons are named after diseases. in order they are:

Anthrax
Bubonic Plauge
Cholera
Dipthery (I think that's how it's spelled.)
Typher (Ditto)

Later,

Remove ads