• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hybrid Class Names

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
Hmm... not one yet with sorceror... though, trying to think of some myself, I can see why.

Though, for Invoker/Sorceror -- Inate?

And how about Cleric/Warden -- Preserver?

Avenger/Warden --Eco-terrorist? That's a bit too modern of a feel to it, though...

Additionally, some of the monk combos are very evocative of some of the common characters from martial arts movies/manga:

Cleric/Monk is a good shinto/shaolin style mystic
Monk/Sorceror are great for the magic using baddies in kung fu movies.

Don't know what names to give them, though... perhaps Monk/Sorceror = Wuxia, and Monk/Cleric = Mystic.

Fianlly, with the Essentials wizard having a build with the same name, should we still call the Invoker/Wisard an Evoker?

Last edited:

Tallifer

Hero
I did not see the Warlord|Wizard yet. How about the Imperator since he commands both his allies and his enemies? War Wizard or Arcane Commander also work of course.

gyor

Legend
This could use an update with hybred blackguards and executioners ect...

Blackguard/executioner- Apostate

Blackguard/Bard- Joker

Executioner/Binder- Entrappee

Blackguard/Warlord- Vicelord

Ardent/Blackguard- Passion Knight

Wolfflow

First Post
I know its kinda like an oxymoron and it creates weak character builds in games, but i havent seen on this thread yet a name for a Paladin|Ranger. This is what i feel split towards myself in real life. But Ranger as in honorable wandering rogue basically with bow and an affinity and respect for nature over civilization but less a warden of a wood or beast master forest spirit type. Think strider from Lotr. And Paladin as in holy zealot warrior with armor but not a monk. No hammers, more like sword and board with healing, and maybe a fireball or holy light spell or weapon, but kinda like an avenger. I've searched everything I could think of online. This thread comes the closest to what Im trying to do. Any ideas?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Unfortunately, two names befitting the concept- Warden and Ranger- are already class names.

But others could work:
Guardian
Sentinel
Claviger
Knight Errant/Youxia/Bogatyr

Wolfflow

First Post
Thanks Danny. Claviger and youxia ive never heard and are awesome. Probably go with claviger. I did find another thread on reddit yesterday where the guy had Paladin Ranger as Vigilant. Which reminded me of the vigilants of stendarr from skyrim. So i think im stuck between claviger and vigilant. Thanks for all the help.

Remove ads