• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Has Wizards Screwed up again

Dire Bare

Legend
@Dire Bare everything you posted 1) , 2) , and 3) I present in the video. Today, June May 9th, is a good two days past the early release window. There is no need for me to check my spam folder (but I did just to make some happy) because I DID get the code. I entered it in, I synced the entitlements. Still no access. I emailed their customer support. again, all of this was shows in the video. Not sure how that in any way constitutes as clickbait.
As of May 9 . . . but your video was posted on May 7.

After this discussion and your posting . . . I believe you. However, did WotC respond? Sometimes it can take a few days for any company to get back to you to resolve an issue.

Your intent isn't to present click-bait . . . I believe you . . . but your video title screen was click-bait and your content on May 7 was jumping the gun. A reasonable person would, 1) wait for the entire release day to pass before taking action, and 2) contact customer support and wait a reasonable time period for a response.

I understand, as @Oofta pointed out above, that many content-creators feel pressured to use click-bait just to maintain an audience and there is pressure to post NOW rather than wait a bit, but . . . . it's a scourge of current day social media that many of us are growing tired of. Not your fault, blame it on the algorithm, but it is what it is.

EDIT: I bit the bullet and watched a few minutes from some of your videos on this topic. WotC definitely screwed up and their customer service is gaslighting you, although perhaps (hopefully) not intentionally. However, you characterize this as a "breach of contract" and a "rescinding of an offer" . . . when it is more likely simply a screw-up caused by DDB's switch to the new marketplace website. If this were happening to me . . . I would share those screenshots with customer service and make it very clear that you did in fact order the bundle correctly and due early access . . . and perhaps you did, I didn't finish your videos due to the overly negative tone.

Last edited:

Epic Meepo

Adventurer
For better or worse, clickbait is the way to get views. A good explanation of why people do this can be found here: , a video by Veratasium a guy who does science videos.
I don't know. That video looks suspiciously like clickbait. I mean, look at that cartoon arrow. :p

Remove ads