• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Forgotten Realms & Rules v3.5

Aragiel

First Post
Hi,
is the current Forgotten-Realms-Setting-Book (3rd edition) fully compatible with the new core rules v3.5? Or does WOTC plan to release a changed edition in the future?
Thanks.
Aragiel

Datt

First Post
According to a post a few days ago in General, yes there will be a FRCS 3.5. There was a link to in for Amazon.ca. But I searched Amazon.ca today and couldn't find such a product. So who knows.

EDIT: Oh, welcome to the boards!

Last edited:

gariig

First Post
Last I heard is that they are releasing a Player's Guide to the Realms that is suppose to update what is needed to 3.5(probably mostly monsters, maybe some PrCs, and NPC stats whose classes changed dramatically). So, the current FRCS is still the original and a great buy IMHO.

Gariig

niteshade6

First Post
I imagine they will have to change spellcasting prodigy at least, since by the new rules it's essentialy spell focus (everything), with extra bonuses thrown in.

Ranger REG

Explorer
There will NOT be an FRCS 3.5.

There will be a Player's Guide to FR with 3.5e rules-compatible material. It will be a companion book to the FRCS.

LordAO

First Post
niteshade6 said:
I imagine they will have to change spellcasting prodigy at least, since by the new rules it's essentialy spell focus (everything), with extra bonuses thrown in.

Most feats which can only be taken at level 1 are more powerful than other feats. Spellcasting Prodigy is not the only one. As far as the weakness of the new 3.5 Spell Focus, that is another matter entirely.

Murrdox

First Post
I thought that they would simply release a web update for the FRCS and other FR books which convert any needed data to 3.5. If the books are already printed, I'm sure they've had the complete rules worked out for some time now, thus I'm sure they have plenty of time to convert some FR things over to 3.5, especially things in Magic of Faerun, which has a lot of magic items and spells that might need conversion.

While the new FR Player's Handbook MIGHT contain this information, I doubt that will be the only or even the primary point of that book.

Remove ads