• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Slaine the Role-Playing-Game of Celtic-Heroes...

Bagpuss

Legend
Caught me at the right time, sat by the book. There are three races Human, Dwarves and Warped Ones (like Slaine). The classes are Druid, Noble Warrior, Thief, Tribal Warrior and Witch. Dwarves have no Earth Magic, so rarely become Druid, Witches and can't Warp. There are lots of references to blood magic and powering magic through sacrifice. There are flint and iron weapons, iron weapons can bend in battle, and need to be sharpened between fights.

Dwarves are about 4 to 4.5 feet tall, so not that small as to be a different size category.

Thanks for answering...some questions. There isn't much else I know about dwarves in general. Aside from what has been hinted at from the original Slaine comics, that they have El blood which could prove that they are in fact descended from Elves and according to the Slaine Dice-Man series story "Dragoncorpse" they all or in the very least Ukko hails from the ancient dwarven town of Scragg-Faggot-Green and I think the author Pat Mills wants to forget he ever wrote that.

However this morning, while reading through the section of the Titans. (In the Tir-Nan-Og Source book) I found out more about the Titan-Dwarves (Unlike the regular Dwarves who looked more like Warhammer Fantasy Goblins, I think it's Titan-Dwarves who take after the Traditional dwarves of Tolkien's lore.) who lived in the eastern mines near the ruins of Titans themselves and are known as the children of Goibnui (Dwarven God & son of the Earth Goddess) Goibniu - Wikipedia
goibniu_gaudenzi.jpg

Last edited:

So, Dwarves like Ukko, are either a petty version of the Titan-Dwarves like Domnall (Official Weaponsmith to the last of the Titans.) or they really aren't dwarves at all, but derived from Elves or are actually what's left of them Elves...
ApplicationFrameHost_V1eHuYqBPD.png

Last edited:

I think Ian Sturrock, creator of the role playing game about Slaine did some research that was beyond the bounds of the original comic. I'm about halfway through reading about the Titans in the Tir-Nan-Og source book. I just repeated a lot of what Ian wrote, although the pictures and wikipedia entries aren't his. I will try to find in the Slaine comic where it had more background stuff about Dwarves. I do know it was Post Horn-God. I put it up here when I find the correct entries.

I have allowed a new player to create a Titan-Dwarf who is a Noble Warrior. According to the what it says in the core rule book. He is to pick a tribe that they belong to at level one. One of the four tribes of the Earth-Goddess and then they receive their exotic weapon proficiency and a little something else. In this instance, I choose the Fir-Domain as his tribe since this is a requirement of the Invulnerable King/Teeth of the Moon Sow campaign.

But, is it right that even a Dwarf and a Titan-Dwarf are allowed to join the human tribes of the Earth-Goddess?

Just one other thing...

Are the Class skills of the Noble Warrior (And any other class?) free? Do they get a free skill rank in those or do they need to spend at least one skill rank for each of their class skills in order to have them?

This is not made clear in the rules?

Last edited:

Remove ads