• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E Conversion of a 2E char

Dimenhydrinate

First Post
I would like a little help with converting a 14/17 Fighter/Blade... I can handle the stats and whatnot but am having trouble getting the "spirit" of the blade kit. I can't quite get it with a rouge or a bard so I was wondering what everyone else thought...

any input is welcome and thanks in advance.

Chun-tzu

First Post
Let's dig out the old Complete Bard's Handbook and see what the Blades had:

Specialty: Assassin/Spy/Weapon Master
Nonweapon Proficiencies: Bonuses: Reading/Writing (native tongue), Local History, Blind-fighting, Juggling. Suggested: Blacksmithing, Bowyer/Fletcher, Disguise, Poetry, Weaponsmithing.
Special Benefits: Weapons Display (morale bonus to allies), Handle Weapon (use two weapons), Trick Throw (bonus to called shots), Defensive/Offensive Spin

The ranger seems like a good place to start. Blades were more flashy than skilled, and rangers are potent but not the killing machines that fighters and barbarians are. Rangers are also lightly armored, like the Blade. Monte's ranger or the urban ranger (from Masters of the Wild) might also work well.

Duelist is not a bad suggestion. There's the same emphasis on style, although your duelist would be a little darker in outlook than the typical swashbuckling duelist. Other PrCs to consider are Assassin, Weapon Master, and Tempest.

You should take the Blind-Fighting feat. Expertise is a good simulation of the Defensive Spin (you're using your weapon defensively for an AC bonus). You want as many ranks in Intimidate as you can get, to simulate the Weapons Display. Local history is now Knowledge: Local, and Juggling is under Perform; these are bard skills (rogues also get Perform).

Dimenhydrinate

First Post
thank you guys for your help I have been puzzling over this and recently got the epic lvl hand book so I thought I would see about converting him... this is definately setting me in the right diection.

Remove ads