• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Reincarnate?

Archade

Azer Paladin
Hi all,

Can someone please post the reincarnation table? I know it's humanoids, but I'm looking for the specifics, so I can tweak our Cleric of Kossuth's table (he has reincarnate as a domain spell, and I've been using fire creatures for him).

Thanks!

Archade

Azer Paladin
Exact List

A rough list was posted (ie humans, kobolds, etc, etc, etc.) what I'm looking for is ...

01-05 Human,
06-12 Happy Fun Ball,
etc.

If anyone could help me, I'd sure appreciate it. Y'see, I've got this Cleric of Kossuth that wants to reincarnate someone on Thursday ... :confused:

Thanks!
Archade

EricNoah

Adventurer
Well ... ok ... but only if I get to move this thread to Rules! :)

01 bugbear
02-13 dwarf
14-25 elf
26 gnoll
27-38 gnome
39-42 goblin
43-52 half-elf
53-62 half-orc
63-74 halfling
75-89 human
90-93 kobold
94 lizardfolk
95-98 orc
99 trog
100 DM choice

Uder

First Post
Excellent! It used to be that Reincarnation had a net effect of raising a character's level after bringing him back to life.

It looks like it's unbanned in my games.

Last edited:

Archade

Azer Paladin
Thanks so much Eric!

Now the new table poses some problems for custom tables. It's mostly EL+0 to +2 critters. My old Kossuth table had desert animals and such, but now with mostly humanoid, there aren't a lot of fire-related critters for a Cleric of Kossuth to bring his buddies back as.

So with some thought, here's the table I'll use. For the creatures marked (1HD), the poor subject of the spell will take the chance of coming back as a creature he'll have to take his next few or several levels in, a la Savage Species.

01-10 Azer (1HD)
11-30 Fire Genasi (EL+1)
31-34 Fire Mephit
35-38 Magmin (1HD)
39-78 Human (EL+0)
79-82 Magma Mephit (1HD)
83-86 Flamebrother (1HD)
87-88 Efreeti (1HD)
89-90 Fire Elemental, Large (1HD)
91-94 Fire Elemental, Medium (1HD)
95-99 Fire Elemental, Small (1HD)
00 DM Choice

Of course, if anyone has any other (lower-powered) ideas ...

Thanks again Eric!
Archade

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
If you want lower power, you could use humanoids from the regular table, but give them the [Fire] subtype. Or weaker yet, apply the cold vulnerability as from the subtype, but only grant fire resistance 10 (instead of total fire immunity).

Some humanoids would have the flavor of "firey" creatures without having their stats changed. Maybe there are desert breeds of kobold or troglodyte, who have red skin but are otherwise identical to the normal breed.

Archade

Azer Paladin
Oooh! Not bad! I'm going to rule that all reincarnated humans have the [Fire] Subtype and Fire Resistance 5. Whoo! Human's with a fiery birthright ...

Thanks!

LokiDR

First Post
The new table looks a lot nicer than the old one. No wizard reincarated as a badger. Is there any material cost, ala the new raise dead? What about needing the body or bringing back those killed by death effects?

Remove ads