• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] New weapon materials & Double-weapons

RigaMortus

Explorer
I'm wondering if you can have a double weapon made from different materials on each "head"?

For example, a Two-Bladed Sword. One blade made of Cold Iron, the other made of Admantium.

If this is possible, it would (a) cut down on the golfbag of weapons and (b) make two-weapon fighting a more popular choice.

It would also make for a good character concept.

Last edited:

Darklone

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do this. A double sword (silly weapon) will probably not be made of one piece of metal.

Why making double weapons more popular though? It's the best choice for any TWF fighter anyways... costs less feats and allows for single attacks with 1.5 strength modifier... compared to two short swords easily more damage.

Antikinesis

First Post
Alternatively, could one put multiple metals into a single blade? Either an alloy, or perhaps winding a wire of silver, a wire of adamantine, etc. around an iron strip before it's forged into a blade?

Is this ploy addressed in the 3.5 rules?

(Apologies if this has already been discussed. I've been ignoring most of the 3.5 threads, since info is incomplete.)

-AK

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Antikinesis said:
Alternatively, could one put multiple metals into a single blade? Either an alloy, or perhaps winding a wire of silver, a wire of adamantine, etc. around an iron strip before it's forged into a blade?

I don't know if the rules will address this, but I (as the dm) would just do a fraction of the damage with such a weapon.

SD

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Or just throw shuriken, each made of a different kind of metal, by the bucketful :D (Remember to put the snails out, first!)

Remove ads