• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Errata

Tharizdun

First Post
I'll put any errata found under this thread

In the PHB, page 197 Writing a New Spell into a spellbook: It states that it costs 100gp per page to write a spell into a spellbook.
DMG: Boccob's BB states that this cost is but 25 gp per page (which the owner does not have to pay either)

PHB, P190 Druid spel list, Magic Fang, Greater: states that "One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1/three levels on ..."

In the text op page 250 this is +1/four levels

Last edited:

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
The spell emotion in the red dragon’s spell list in the MM is incorrect (the spell no longer exists).

Rogues still have proficiency with the sap.

Philip

Explorer
Hammer of Thunderbolts: It has the returning ability, but no range increment, and Warhammers cannot be thrown naturally. Assume range increment of 30 ft. (as in 3.0).

Additionally, it is know a Large size Warhammer, meaning Medium-size characters have to throw it with two hands?

Tharizdun

First Post
Philip said:
Hammer of Thunderbolts: It has the returning ability, but no range increment, and Warhammers cannot be thrown naturally. Assume range increment of 30 ft. (as in 3.0).

Additionally, it is know a Large size Warhammer, meaning Medium-size characters have to throw it with two hands?

I assumed standard range increment for thrown weapons: 5 increments (see PHB, weapons section P114 "Range Increment")

A "Large Warhammer" would do 2d6 pts according to the PHB (P114)
Note that "Large" is in italics...maybe a magic weapon special ability that they forgot about or can't be made anymore by mortals?

Philip

Explorer
Tharizdun said:

I assumed standard range increment for thrown weapons: 5 increments (see PHB, weapons section P114 "Range Increment")

A Warhammer has a "Range Increment" of -
IMO meaning that it cannot be thrown normally, not even with a 5 ft. range increment, without use of magic or special abilities (feat: Throw Anything)
Page 113 (PHB 3.5) confirms under Improved Weapons that you can throw someting not intended as a thrown weapon, but at a -4 penalty and with a Range Increment of 10 ft.

Philip

Explorer
Magic Item Creation cost: Additional Powers

The sidebar Page 282 says that a magic item with multiple different abilities has a 50% increase in price for adding an additional power, but the table on page 285 says you must multiply the higher item cost by 2 for an item with multiple different abilities.

I had hoped they finally got it straight with magic item costing, but I am afraid this is going to leave open a lot of room for discussion. I am strongly in favor of the second rule: the price of an item with multiple different powers is twice the value of its most costly power plus the regular values of all additional powers, regardless of the order in which you add powers.

Christian

Explorer
Philip said:

I haven't seen 3.5, but unless there's been a change to this rule ...

Thrown weapons can only be thrown one-handed. You can throw a thrown weapon with one hand even if it would be two-handed for you due to your size (such as a gnome throwing a javelin), but doing so counts as a full-round action because the weapon is bulkier and harder to handle than most thrown weapons.
(PH 3.0 p. 97)

Tharizdun

First Post
Philip said:

A Warhammer has a "Range Increment" of -
IMO meaning that it cannot be thrown normally, not even with a 5 ft. range increment, without use of magic or special abilities (feat: Throw Anything)
Page 113 (PHB 3.5) confirms under Improved Weapons that you can throw someting not intended as a thrown weapon, but at a -4 penalty and with a Range Increment of 10 ft.

light hammers can be thrown, so a dwarven thrower and a HoT are either made throwable by the "returning" weapon special ability, or are both errata that were never purged...

Christian said:

I haven't seen 3.5, but unless there's been a change to this rule ...

(PH 3.0 p. 97)

I've seen the paragraph in the 3.5 PHB (P113) the wording is different, sans gnome example.

The WoCs aren't politically correct with the bracers of armor, "granting him an armor bonus"

Remove ads