• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E [2e] Where are the Greek Fire stats listed?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'm looking for the 2e Greek Fire stats (specifically damage). Can someone post them, or post where I might find them?

Last edited:

Thanael

Explorer
From the PHB equipment list/descriptions:

Oil: Greek fire is a general name given to all highly flammable oils used in combat. (Historically, Greek fire was a special combination of oil and chemicals that was sticky and difficult to extinguish.) These oils are highly flammable and a little dangerous to carry. Lamp oil is used for lamps and lanterns. It is not particularly explosive although it can be used to feed an existing blaze.

So i guess it doesn't do any other damage then an oil flask. The damage for such weapons would be listed in the DMG, in the combat chapter under Types of Grenade-Like Missiles:

Oil causes damage only when it is lit. This normally requires a two-step process--first soaking the target in flammable oil and then setting it afire. Thus, using flaming oil often requires two successful attacks.

A direct hit from flaming oil burns for two rounds, causing 2d6 points of damage in the first round and 1d6 points in the second.

Perhaps you might want to use Oil of Fiery Burning?

Oil of Fiery Burning: When this oil is exposed to air, it immediately bursts into flame, inflicting 5d6 points of damage to any creature directly exposed to the substance (save vs. spell for half damage). If hurled, the flask will always break. Any creature within 10 feet of the point of impact (up to a maximum of six creatures) will be affected. The oil can, for instance, be used to consume the bodies of as many as six regenerating creatures, such as trolls. If the flask is opened, the creature holding it immediately suffers 1d4 points of damage. Unless a roll equal to or less than the creature's Dexterity is made on 2d10, the flask cannot be re-stoppered in time to prevent the oil from exploding, with effects as described above.

Last edited:

Remove ads